Pages

Infolinks

Fashion Thursday: Madness of Marni...

You know what I'm like when it comes to bold accessories: you can never have too many in your life... so when the Marni at H&M collaboration was announced, I was more than interested to see if their jewellery range would live up to the true Marni standard.

Those chunky bracelets, big statement necklaces, ribbons, wood, beads & acrylic magic... it was all there. The preview confirmed the capsule collection was gorgeous; and at a more affordable price, I had to have some of it. As I've been planning out my Spring Cycling wardrobe already (which consists of me spying random items I love and mixing them up with what I already have), throwing in some of the bobby-dazzlers from Marni would be perfect... the fact I could already see them going well with the black of the Pashley and catching the glimmer of the sun as I cycled through the city was indication enough of how much these were a "WANT".

Then came the Madness: actually getting hold of it. At home in my Sick Bed (yet again) there was no way I was going to make it to the store - even if I was in the rudest of health and could have cycled to one, it was not happening. The only thing for it was to go online. Having to be awake early anyway for a Docs appointment, I set my alarm to be up in time for the launch... well, I was up an hour before to make sure I could get online. Sat up in bed, MacBook Pro on lap and Lemsip in hand, I logged into my account... and waited. Everything was running smoothly - the connection hadn't fallen over & just as it hit 9am the store opened... I clicked and got THIS:
It didn't matter where you were, an orderly queue was to be formed. I had no idea that it was even possible to queue online! As I waited patiently* at my screen, I read through tweets of other MarniMadhatters like myself, some who had already swooped in and got theirs in store; the lovely @MsGolightly over in Rome who I bet queued in style & two new cycling friends on twitter @loisdesigns and @Kristy_Kristy who were first in the queue of their local H&M!

I have to admit, the idea of queueing to get onto a website was a tad ridiculous, but I carried on waiting anyway, while trying not to fall asleep under the heaviness of this rotten Cold. An hour and a half later (yes, I know!) and I was in. It was straight to the accessories and nothing else... and by the power of Paracetamol and a strong Index Finger, I got what I was after!

I'm over the moon with getting what I was after, but the pandemonium that came with it was insane. I take my hat off to those who actually did the proper queueing thing outside... now, I need to crawl back under my duvet, shake off this Cold and await delivery of my Marni.

*refreshing like a lunatic ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

18 hour 2 hook 3 hook extensions 34dd 3pack 45500 962031X42 962033X46 96203Large38 96203Small34 aa accessories adhesive bra affordable Alexander Allure American American Apparel American Apparel Stretch Bull Denim anita Apparel Apparel America Around Arthritis as seen on tv Assorted athlete Atlantis baby baby shower gift back backless Bali bandeau bra Bankrs bare lifts barely there Beautiful BellyLady Beloved best bra Bestsellers Big Chill Women's Scuba BirthandBaby bra bra - strapless bra extender bra extenders bra extension bra insert bra inserts bra size bra solutions bra strap bra strap concealer bra strap cushion bra strap holder bra strap holders bra-extenders-3 -hook-3-colors bra-soft comfortable braless bralette bras Bravado braza breast breast feeding Breast Feeding Bra breast pump breast pump accessories breast pump accessory bridal bride bridesmaid busty Calvin calvin klein calvin klein collection camí camisole camisoles Capris Cavity champion cheap cleavage cleavage enhancers Closure clothes Cocktail Colors Comfort comfortable comfortable bra comfy concealers converter convertible Corset costume costumes Cotton cotton bra CottonSpandex Cover Coverage Crochet crossdress Crotchless dance Daywear ddd Delivery Demi Bra demicup Design Designer Designs Discount Dress dresses Ecoland Empire enhancer enhancers Essential everyday bra everyday bras exercise Extreme Fancee fashion tape Feather felina Flower France front hook front opening bra fruit of the loom full figure full-bust sportswear G-String Gilligan go2 bra go2 bras goddess hands free hanes high impact inexpensive Inserts International Intimate Apparel intimates jezebel jogging Lace lace bra Lamaze Leading League Leisure leisure bra lilyette Lingerie lingerie sets lipo in a box Long Sleeve Lounge Lowest maidenform Malley maternity maternity bra maternity bras MaternityNursing Maximizer medela MEDIUM microfiber Mini Dress Minimizer minimizer bras minimizers modest Molded Motherhood motion control moving comfort moving comfort maia bra multipack extender Natural Nightime nipple nipple cover nipple covers nipples nursing nursing bra nursing bras Nursing Bras 34dd Nursing Bras 34g Nursing Bras 38f Nursing Bras for Large Breast nursing cover up nursing mothers nursing tank NurtureWear nylon olga OMalley open cup bra Order Organic Original padded padded sport bra Panache panties Passion Perfectly personal care petite pink Playtex Pleated PlumGrey Plunge Plus Size plus size bra poor quality posture posture bra pregnancy pretty Printed Products Promotions Protector Pullover pumping push up push-up pushup racerback reusable Ruffles running running bra Satin Scarf Sculpt seamless Secret sexy sexy bra Sexy Lingerie Shaper Shapers sheer shelf bra ShirtTank shock absorber Showing silicon bra inserts silicone silicone bra silicone nipple covers Silver sissy basics skirts sleep bra sleep nursing bra SleepLeisure Sleeveless smooth smoothing Softcup Spandex spanx bras Sports sports bra sports bras sportswear strap holder strap perfect strapless strapless bra Stretch Stripe super sexy Supima support Surgery Tailored Tank Top And Matching Traditional Tribal Tropical Ultimate Undercover underwear underwire underwire bra underwire bras underwire support Underworks Unique Unlined uplift Valentine vanity fair Velcro Versatile vk Vneck wacoal wacoal bra warners wedding wire free wire-free wirefree wireless wireless bra women Women's womens Wonder wonderbra yoga zip-front