Pages

Infolinks

Let's Go Round Again: The VCG 2018 Review!

I'm stunned at what's happened with the blog over the past 12 months and the adventures that have occurred. 

I'm thankful for all the love and support I've had from all of you this year... with a majority of you thinking I'm mad for the late nights infront of my laptop! I do it because I love cycling & I adore blogging about it all; it gives me the greatest amount of joy and if 2018 is anything to go by, my heart might actually burst in 2013...

It's almost the end of the year. Time to stop for a moment, and take stock of some of the highlights of 2018 for VCG...

JANUARY: After being told some surprising news by Horst and Filip in December 2011 which I had to keep quiet about, I could finally announce I was going to be on the back cover of Cycle Style! Being asked by Horst to feature in the book alongside some stunningly stylish bike-lovers was amazing enough, but when he revealed that he got me on the cover of the book I was beyond lost for words... as was Mamma Vélo.

FEBRUARY: One of my favourite British designers Tatty Devine opened their pop-up store in Selfridges. Part of the 'Words, Words, Words' installation which was "a celebration of the beauty of words and the joy of writing", the blogger in me HAD to see it! Team TD invited me to see how they make their name necklaces on the spot... and I was lucky enough to me made & given a special cycling-related one from them on the day!


MARCH: Stylish cycling clothing came to town... This was the month Vulpine Cycling Apparel was launched by Nick Hussey; a rather nice chap who I shared a great passion about cycling and fashion with. I loved his designs the moment I saw them. I did a spot of modelling for Vulpine which was a lot of fun. Little did I know how much that day would change the course of the year...


APRIL: Vélo-City-Girl gets referenced in Marie Claire magazine! Named as one of the "go to Brit-blogs for cycle style tips", this was a HUGE honour. I still see VCG as 'my little blog', so to be on the radar of Marie Claire in their 'Reporter' section was a proper pinch-yourself moment!


MAY: Another chance to get dressed-up and enjoy the most sartorial bike ride in the world... the London Tweed Run came back to town! Once again, over five-hundred of us gathered to cycle in style through the capital. It was a bit cold and a tad wet (typical British weather), but this didn't dampen the spirit of the day. Graham Coxon took part in this edition of the ride, but if you ask me, the big stars of the day were Ted Young-Ing & Jacqui Shannon for organising yet another fantastic event.


JUNE: I was separated from my Pashley for the first time! Frankie went off and did a Photoshoot for the new Brooks Catalogue! It meant a few days of not being able to cycle to work, but she was in good hands and well looked after. And she came back looking like a new bike too...


JULY: Yet MORE magazine madness for Vélo-City-Girl: I do a little feature for LOOK Magazine about stylish Cycling! VCG makes the final shortlist for 'Best Lifestyle Blog' in the Cosmopolitan Blog awards! This was a mix of recognition by Cosmo and most importantly, the general public - massively touching, resulting in me feeling emotional all over again!


AUGUST: It was a long time coming, but a show 100% dedicated to cycling was FINALLY on our TV screens! The Cycle Show started on ITV4, much to the delight of fellow riders and myself. And then I got contacted by the production team, asking me to be a guest on the 2nd show. OMFG. So I said yes (in between shaking with excitement and pure nerves). Got there. MET EDDY MERCKX.  Did a spot of interviewing... and was then asked back to do some more throughout the summer. Met some more fantastic people & cycling heroes. MENTAL.


SEPTEMBER: The greatest show on Earth came to my neighbourhood; the London 2018 Olympic & Paralympic Games happened in Stratford, Newham. I'm not going to deny that I got Olympic fever, bad. I went to see the torch pass through the borough & like millions of others, put in applications for tickets. I was desperate to see Track Cycling at the Velodrome. I didn't get any tickets in the lottery, but was extremely lucky to be invited as a guest of Adidas to see the penultimate Paralympic cycling session! It took my breath away, and being seated so close to the action was brilliant. It's an experience that I will never forget.



OCTOBER: Fair to say this was a rather busy month...The Cosmo Blog Awards ceremony happened - there was no prize for VCG, but it was a lovely evening & I was still buzzing about being nominated! I was contacted by the BBC and took part in a piece they did on Cycling... I spoke about the relationship between Fashion and Cycling & then was stunned when it appeared on the main BBC News Channel! TFL and the Bicycle Film Festival held a special conference on Cycling in London, and I took part as one of the guest speakers. I was on the Women's Panel alongside Jill Putman and Jacqui Shannon who are both fantastic advocates for cycling... honoured to be a part of that. I also got illustrated by a rather talented man called Ste...


NOVEMBER: I started working for Vulpine! I landed my dream job as the Sales and Marketing Manager for the company. Cycling... Fashion... people passionate about it & a REALLY cute dog? Unbelievably special and still pinching myself about it all.

DECEMBER: Life picks up at an every crazier pace, but it feels bloody good! I get stuck into my new role at Vulpine with gusto & then step back from everything to have a wonderful and relaxing Christmas.

I feel thankful for what I have, for everything that's happened & for all the love and support that's kept me going. The absolute rocks in my life - you know who you are on twitter and you know who you are in 3D too. I owe you more than you could ever imagine. Really.

2012 - thank you for being a kick-ass year on the saddle... 2013? Me and Frankie are coming to get you!

Lady V x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

18 hour 2 hook 3 hook extensions 34dd 3pack 45500 962031X42 962033X46 96203Large38 96203Small34 aa accessories adhesive bra affordable Alexander Allure American American Apparel American Apparel Stretch Bull Denim anita Apparel Apparel America Around Arthritis as seen on tv Assorted athlete Atlantis baby baby shower gift back backless Bali bandeau bra Bankrs bare lifts barely there Beautiful BellyLady Beloved best bra Bestsellers Big Chill Women's Scuba BirthandBaby bra bra - strapless bra extender bra extenders bra extension bra insert bra inserts bra size bra solutions bra strap bra strap concealer bra strap cushion bra strap holder bra strap holders bra-extenders-3 -hook-3-colors bra-soft comfortable braless bralette bras Bravado braza breast breast feeding Breast Feeding Bra breast pump breast pump accessories breast pump accessory bridal bride bridesmaid busty Calvin calvin klein calvin klein collection camí camisole camisoles Capris Cavity champion cheap cleavage cleavage enhancers Closure clothes Cocktail Colors Comfort comfortable comfortable bra comfy concealers converter convertible Corset costume costumes Cotton cotton bra CottonSpandex Cover Coverage Crochet crossdress Crotchless dance Daywear ddd Delivery Demi Bra demicup Design Designer Designs Discount Dress dresses Ecoland Empire enhancer enhancers Essential everyday bra everyday bras exercise Extreme Fancee fashion tape Feather felina Flower France front hook front opening bra fruit of the loom full figure full-bust sportswear G-String Gilligan go2 bra go2 bras goddess hands free hanes high impact inexpensive Inserts International Intimate Apparel intimates jezebel jogging Lace lace bra Lamaze Leading League Leisure leisure bra lilyette Lingerie lingerie sets lipo in a box Long Sleeve Lounge Lowest maidenform Malley maternity maternity bra maternity bras MaternityNursing Maximizer medela MEDIUM microfiber Mini Dress Minimizer minimizer bras minimizers modest Molded Motherhood motion control moving comfort moving comfort maia bra multipack extender Natural Nightime nipple nipple cover nipple covers nipples nursing nursing bra nursing bras Nursing Bras 34dd Nursing Bras 34g Nursing Bras 38f Nursing Bras for Large Breast nursing cover up nursing mothers nursing tank NurtureWear nylon olga OMalley open cup bra Order Organic Original padded padded sport bra Panache panties Passion Perfectly personal care petite pink Playtex Pleated PlumGrey Plunge Plus Size plus size bra poor quality posture posture bra pregnancy pretty Printed Products Promotions Protector Pullover pumping push up push-up pushup racerback reusable Ruffles running running bra Satin Scarf Sculpt seamless Secret sexy sexy bra Sexy Lingerie Shaper Shapers sheer shelf bra ShirtTank shock absorber Showing silicon bra inserts silicone silicone bra silicone nipple covers Silver sissy basics skirts sleep bra sleep nursing bra SleepLeisure Sleeveless smooth smoothing Softcup Spandex spanx bras Sports sports bra sports bras sportswear strap holder strap perfect strapless strapless bra Stretch Stripe super sexy Supima support Surgery Tailored Tank Top And Matching Traditional Tribal Tropical Ultimate Undercover underwear underwire underwire bra underwire bras underwire support Underworks Unique Unlined uplift Valentine vanity fair Velcro Versatile vk Vneck wacoal wacoal bra warners wedding wire free wire-free wirefree wireless wireless bra women Women's womens Wonder wonderbra yoga zip-front