Pages

Infolinks

Review: Bravissimo's Current Offerings

The last time I went into Bravissimo, I tried on their Demi Diva and Parisian Plume bras, which I reviewed here. I also tried out several other bras, some I liked and some I hated. For anyone actually near enough a Bravissimo to go in, I would really recommending making the trip and trying things on there, but for those of you who are forced to order online, I hope it will be helpful to see how these bras compare, at least on my shape.

Bravissimo Bubbles Bra

This is literally the only bra I’ve ever found that made my boobs look like elf shoes. I’ve seen round, I’ve seen droopy, I’ve seen pointy, but I’ve never seen this. This… is an elf shoe.



I also found the pattern to be very ugly in person—like something they’d use as a border around the pages in an 8th grade chemistry textbook. I know some people like it, but it really turned me off. Also, the fabric is really stiff, sort of like the fabric used to make waterproof backpacks.


The good things about this bra? It gets mostly good reviews on the website so I know the shape works well for some people (NOT for my full on top shape) and the pattern is continued on the straps, which is cute, especially if you like colorful stuff. Here's what it looks like on their website... SO different from how it looked in real life.



Bravissimo Bettie Mae Bra


I was pretty impressed by this one. I feel like it’s Bravissimo’s answer to the Freya Deco, but this one comes in a MUCH better range of sizes:

Deco size range

Bettie Mae size range 
I love the fact that the H-J cups are selling out fastest--maybe this will prove to Freya that people wearing these sizes can and do wear plunge bras successfully! 

The fit was good on me—I didn’t have any cutting in, although I was worried it might begin to cut in throughout the day as the velvet ribbon is fairly stiff. It’s also different from the Deco in that it’s not really molded, just padded. Like the Curvy Kate Thrill Me and Tease Me bras, the padding is soft and thin and can be folded like a non-padded bra. Personally I prefer this to the stiff molding in the Deco, so if you, too, are a little freaked out by bras that stand up on their own, this might be a good alternative. My only complaint was that it felt a little weak as I am so used to nonpadded bras with no stretch and this one is a little more forgiving. I think people who like padded/molded bras will love this, though.


I also think this orangey coral shade is an odd one to start with, but I suspect this bra will prove popular enough to be made in other colors later.

Miss Mandalay Vava Bra

Photo on Bravissimo's website
Wow, this ran smaller than anything, ever! I tried it on in a 30HH as there’s no 28J. I would have needed a 30K or something to get my boobs halfway into this one.

On me! Yikes!
It’s very, very stiff and non-forgiving—the opposite of the Betty Mae. If you like the colors and pattern of this one, size up a cup size or two if you can. Otherwise, skip it!

Bravissimo Alana Bra


Ah, the ubiquitous basic bra that fails heinously on me. I haven’t really seen many reviews of this on blogs, but there are tons of positive reviews on the website and it’s their best-selling bra. I can see why—it comes in lots of colors, it’s simple but not boring, and once you know your size in it, you can just buy the new color every season. Honestly, I’ve always dreamed of being able to get a good fit in a big-shot continuity style like this. Unfortunately, the Alana is a no-go for my boobs, and I suspect others with a full-on-top shape will also struggle with it. The upper section is just SO TIGHT!


To be able to fit into this bra, your entire breast needs to be mobile and cooperative enough to be completely INSIDE the bra—it is meant to support the top as well as the bottom. I suspect that’s why they say on the website that the cups run slightly small—because the cut requires people with fuller boobs to size up to avoid massive quadraboob. Because of my shape, I usually need cups that go partway up the breast and rest gently against my boobs. The Alana hopes to serve a larger role in wrangling my boobs. That’s sadly never going to work for me. I technically could size up to get a better fit, but the Alana only goes up to a J in a 28 band, even though it goes up to an L in other band sizes… fail. So if the supposedly ubiquitous Alana is no good on you, don’t feel bad, it doesn’t work for me either.

Bravissimo Boudoir Beau

Since most of Bravissimo’s own-brand bras are modeled after the Alana, I never expect any of them to fit. But, SURPRISE! The Boudoir Beau fits amazingly in my normal size, 28J. I didn’t even need to size up!


Best of all, it gives a really round shape. 


I also find this bra very beautiful. The lace overlay is something that’s easy to find in smaller bras but very rare in larger cups. Although it did cover a lot of my chest, I thought it still looked good. I like red with gray, too. If the Alana fails on you, try this one! You might have better luck—the top section is a lot more stretchy and forgiving. In fact, as I recall, the Boudoir Beau actually predates the Alana. 

That just about sums up everything I tried on--unfortunately, a lot of the bras they sell don't come in my size or a close size. I was still pleased to have a few successes, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

18 hour 2 hook 3 hook extensions 34dd 3pack 45500 962031X42 962033X46 96203Large38 96203Small34 aa accessories adhesive bra affordable Alexander Allure American American Apparel American Apparel Stretch Bull Denim anita Apparel Apparel America Around Arthritis as seen on tv Assorted athlete Atlantis baby baby shower gift back backless Bali bandeau bra Bankrs bare lifts barely there Beautiful BellyLady Beloved best bra Bestsellers Big Chill Women's Scuba BirthandBaby bra bra - strapless bra extender bra extenders bra extension bra insert bra inserts bra size bra solutions bra strap bra strap concealer bra strap cushion bra strap holder bra strap holders bra-extenders-3 -hook-3-colors bra-soft comfortable braless bralette bras Bravado braza breast breast feeding Breast Feeding Bra breast pump breast pump accessories breast pump accessory bridal bride bridesmaid busty Calvin calvin klein calvin klein collection camí camisole camisoles Capris Cavity champion cheap cleavage cleavage enhancers Closure clothes Cocktail Colors Comfort comfortable comfortable bra comfy concealers converter convertible Corset costume costumes Cotton cotton bra CottonSpandex Cover Coverage Crochet crossdress Crotchless dance Daywear ddd Delivery Demi Bra demicup Design Designer Designs Discount Dress dresses Ecoland Empire enhancer enhancers Essential everyday bra everyday bras exercise Extreme Fancee fashion tape Feather felina Flower France front hook front opening bra fruit of the loom full figure full-bust sportswear G-String Gilligan go2 bra go2 bras goddess hands free hanes high impact inexpensive Inserts International Intimate Apparel intimates jezebel jogging Lace lace bra Lamaze Leading League Leisure leisure bra lilyette Lingerie lingerie sets lipo in a box Long Sleeve Lounge Lowest maidenform Malley maternity maternity bra maternity bras MaternityNursing Maximizer medela MEDIUM microfiber Mini Dress Minimizer minimizer bras minimizers modest Molded Motherhood motion control moving comfort moving comfort maia bra multipack extender Natural Nightime nipple nipple cover nipple covers nipples nursing nursing bra nursing bras Nursing Bras 34dd Nursing Bras 34g Nursing Bras 38f Nursing Bras for Large Breast nursing cover up nursing mothers nursing tank NurtureWear nylon olga OMalley open cup bra Order Organic Original padded padded sport bra Panache panties Passion Perfectly personal care petite pink Playtex Pleated PlumGrey Plunge Plus Size plus size bra poor quality posture posture bra pregnancy pretty Printed Products Promotions Protector Pullover pumping push up push-up pushup racerback reusable Ruffles running running bra Satin Scarf Sculpt seamless Secret sexy sexy bra Sexy Lingerie Shaper Shapers sheer shelf bra ShirtTank shock absorber Showing silicon bra inserts silicone silicone bra silicone nipple covers Silver sissy basics skirts sleep bra sleep nursing bra SleepLeisure Sleeveless smooth smoothing Softcup Spandex spanx bras Sports sports bra sports bras sportswear strap holder strap perfect strapless strapless bra Stretch Stripe super sexy Supima support Surgery Tailored Tank Top And Matching Traditional Tribal Tropical Ultimate Undercover underwear underwire underwire bra underwire bras underwire support Underworks Unique Unlined uplift Valentine vanity fair Velcro Versatile vk Vneck wacoal wacoal bra warners wedding wire free wire-free wirefree wireless wireless bra women Women's womens Wonder wonderbra yoga zip-front